T : +45 (0)8 634 1799
F : +45 (0)8 634 6060
was established in 1985, in the former Customs and Excise House in the old fishing town of Ebeltoft. It was founded by the Danish glass artist Finn Lynggaard, Erling Rasmussen (former Managing Director of Kvadrat, Ebeltoft) and Bent Fredberg (Chartered Accountant). It is a private, self-financing institution, established and directed by the Foundation for the Collection of Contemporary, International Studio Glass. Its main objective is to develop a greater awareness and appreciation of contemporary glass worldwide The museum receives no financial support from the Government, but the Ministry of Cultural Affairs is regularly kept informed about projects and activities. The museum has approx. 45,000 visitors a year.