The global nominees of the International Woolmark Prize 2016/2017
April 14 2016
The Woolmark Company released the global nominees list of the INTERNATIONAL WOOLMARK PRIZE 2016/2017.
- WOMENSWEAR : Heohwan Simulation - Korea, M Essential - China, Major Minor Maha - Indonesia, Motohiro Tanji - Japan, R.Shemiste - Korea, Robert Wun - Hong Kong, Toton - Indonesia, Whosthat - Hong Kong, Xu Zhi - China, Yasutoshi Ezumi - Japan
- MENSWEAR : Alexander T.Zhao - China, Discovered - Japan, Münn - Korea, Sean Suen - China, Six Lee - Hong Kong, Vinora - Indonesia
- WOMENSWEAR : Tim Labenda - Germany, Roshi Porkar - Austria, Kimstumpf - Belgium, Nicholas Nybro - Denmark, Leandro Cano - Spain, Etienne Deroeux - France, Giuseppe Di Morabito - Italy, Peet Dullaert - Netherlands, Cockerel - Czech Republic, Gülçin Çengel - Turkey
- MENSWEAR : Brachmann - Germany, Devon Halfnight LeFlufy - Belgium, Tonsure - Denmark, Pablo Erroz - Spain, Matières Paris - France, Luca Larenza - Italy, Mareunrol's - Latvia, Evan Menswear - Netherlands, Mirka Horká - Czech Republic, Benan Bal - Turkey
> INDIA, PAKISTAN & MIDDLE EAST
- WOMENSWEAR : Bashar Assaf - Lebanon, Bint Thani - UAE, Bouguessa - UAE, Eka - India, Mira Hayek - Lebanon, Nachiket Barve - India, Reem Al Kanhal - Saudi Arabia, Republic Womenswear - Pakistan, Sahil Kochhar - India, Saira Shakira - Pakistan, Zonia - Pakistan.
- MENSWEAR : Bounipun - India, Emperor 1868 - United Arab Emirates, House of Arsalan Iqbal - Pakistan, Mashael AlRajhi - Saudi Arabia.
> AUSTRALIA & NEW ZELAND
- WOMENSWEAR : Daniel Avakian - Australia, Georgia Alice - New Zealand, Harman Grubiša - New Zealand, Kacey Devlin - Australia, Lucilla Gray - New Zealand, MacGraw - Australia, Roopa Pemmaraju - Australia.
- MENSWEAR : Australian fashion designers > Amxander, Chris Ran Lin, Exinfinitas,Shhorn.
The International Woolmark Prize celebrates outstanding fashion talents from around the globe who showcase the beauty and versatility of Merino wool. First launched in 1953 as an initiative of the International Wool Secretariat, the award was won the following year by iconic fashion designers Karl Lagerfeld and Yves Saint Laurent.
Eighty fashion designers have been selected from 62 countries to participate in this year’s award, which showcases the qualities of Australian Merino wool.
The 12 global finalists will each receive an AU$ 50,000 ( 33 000 € ) financial contribution towards their next collection and an invitation to participate in the international finals. They will be announced and rewarded in the six regions, on the following dates: :
> USA - July 2016 in New York City.
> INDIA, PAKISTAN & MIDDLE EAST - on 15th July 2016 in Mumbai.
> BRITISH ISLES - on 5 July 2016 in London.
> ASIA on July 12 in Hong Kong.
> EUROPE on 28 June 2016 in Milan.
> AUSTRALIA & NEW ZELAND on 6 July 2016 in Sydney.
The winners of the menswear and womenswear finals will each receive an AU$ 100,000 ( 66 000 € ) to assist in sourcing the necessary tissues to create their collections, as well as the support of industry mentors.
They will also have the opportunity to see their collections sold in boutiques / stores of the key partners, including Harvey Nichols (UK), Saks Fifth Avenue (New York), David Jones (Australia), Boutique 1(United Arab Emirates) Verso (Belgium), L'Eclaireur (Paris), Boon the Shop (South Korea), and the Papillion (Indonesia) and online at mytheresa.com (women’s ready-to-wear) and matchesfashion.com (men’s ready-to-wear).