FRANCE / THE WINNERS OF THE DESIGN PARADE TOULON AND HYÈRES
July 18 2017
The Villa Noailles has organized a contest during the Design Parade in Toulon and Hyères which aims to introduce young designers around the world. As each year, some new talents are awarded by a jury composed of a panel of well-known designers.
The Grand Prix Design Parade Toulon Van Cleef & Arpels consists of: a grant of 5000 euros sponsored by Van Cleef & Arpels, an exhibition at various famous museums, a collaboration project and other awards. Further, the Grand Prix Design Parade Hyères consists of: Research scholarships, Prize money of 5000 euros, a personal exhibition and other exhibitions such as inviting the Grand Prize winner to take over the BHV MARAIS during D’Days including further awards.
TOULON DESIGN PARADE
The Jury of the Toulon competition was composed of: Vincent Darre, president of the jury, designer and interior designer - Paris Amira Casar, actress, Paris Lison de Caunes, craftswoman, founder, Lison de Caunes Créations - Paris Julien Desselle, founder, Desselle & Partners Agency - Paris François Halard, photographer - Paris / Arles Mathias Kiss, artist, founder, Studio Attilalou - Paris Benjamin Paulin, associate, Paulin Paulin Paulin - Paris Patricia Racine, artistic director, Manufacture d’Aubusson, and founder of Manufactures - Paris Pierre Yovanovitch, interior designer - Paris Studio Quetzal : Adrien Gadet, Louise Naegelen & Benjamin Lina, interior designers, winners of Grand Prix Design Parade Toulon - Van Cleef & Arpels, 2016
Results of Toulon Competition
- Grand Prix of the Design Parade Toulon Van Cleef & Arpels : Paul Brissonnet and Alexandre Benjamin Navet for " Imajaghan" . Paul Brissonnet - French, born in1987, graduated from École de Design Nantes-Atlantique. Alexandre Benjamin Navet - French, born in 1986, graduated from ENSCI-Les Atliers, Paris.
- Special Award of The Jury: Mathilde Vallantin Dulac and Victor Levai for "La plage abandonnée ". Mathilde Vallantin Dulac - French, graduated from The École Supérieure des Arts Appliqués Duperré in Paris. Victor Levai - French, graduated from The École Supérieure des Beaux-Arts In Paris. They were both born in 1991.
- Eyes On Talents X Frame Special Mention: Martial Marquet for " Tool One " - French, born in 1984, studied at the South Californian Institute for Architecture in Los Angeles (Usa) and graduated from ENSCI, Les Ateliers, Paris and The École Spéciale d’architecture de Paris.
- Public and City Of Toulon Prize: Emmanuelle Simon for " La chambre sur l'eau " - French, born in 1988, graduated from The École Camondo, Paris in Interior Design. Following collaborations with Pierre Yovanovitch, Tristan Auer and Jean-marie Massaud, she set up business in Paris under her own name.
HYÈRES DESIGN PARADE
The Jury of the Hyères's competition was composed of : Inga Sempe, president of the jury, designer - Paris Nicolas Bellavance-Lecompte, director and co-founder, Carwan Gallery - Beyrouth, Lebanon Laurence Brabant, designer - Paris Nora Fehlbaum, CEO, Vitra - Weil am Rhein, Germany Chris Martin, designer, founder of Mass Productions - Stockholm,Sweden Massimo Orsini ,CEO, Mutina - Fiorano, Italy Pernelle Poyet, designer, winner of the Grand Prix Design Parade 2016 - Paris Annalisa Rosso, journalist and curator - Milan, Italy Alice Stori Liechtenstein, founder of Schloss Hollenegg for Design - Schwanberg, Austria Magnus Wästberg, founder of Wästberg, Sweden Office & Production, - Stockholm, Sweden
Results of Hyères Competition
- Grand Prix of the Design Parade Hyères: Carolien Niebling for " Future Sausage " - Dutch, born in 1984, graduated from The Artez Institute of The Arts in Arnhem (Netherlands) And The Ecal, Lausanne (Switzerland).
- Special Award of The Jury: Léa Bardin for "Hale Bopp" - French, born in 1987, graduated from the ENSCI – Les Ateliers, Paris having obtained a DNAP at the École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs in Strasbourg.
- Eyes On Talents X Frame Special Mention: Ragna Ragnarsdottir for "Main d'œuvre" – Icelandic, born in 1988, graduated from The ENSCI – Les Ateliers, Paris
- Public And City Of Hyères Prize: Arthur Hoffner for "Être ou ne paraître" - French, born in 1990, graduated in Applied arts from the École Boulle followed by a degree at ENSCI - Les Ateliers, Paris. Two of his projects are already in production, one by Cinna, the other by Bibelo. He has recently designed furniture for la gaité lyrique.
The exhibition is freely open to the public and professionals until the 24 of September as a path through the City centre and the old town of Toulon and in the villa Noailles, Hyères.