Yesterday, April 19, 2018 has been announced the winner of the Milan Design Award 2018 among the 1500 events in the city by the jury composed by Han Han, Stefania Siani, Andrea Davide Cuman, Valentina Ventrelli and Paolo Ferrarini. The winner is “Monster Cabaret” by Maxim Velčovský for Lasvit, with the participation of Alessandro Mendini, the Campana Brothers, Yabu Pushelberg, Nendo, Fabio Novembre, Daniel Libeskind, Maarten Bass, Moritz Waldemayer , and Maurizio Galante.
The jury choose this event “For the project’s extraordinary ability to make the products dialogue with the context and the spectators, staging in an ironic and unsettling way the marvels of matter and creativity in all its nuances” . Lasvit brings on show, at the Teatro Gerolamo in Piazza Beccaria, a performance made of animals, outcasts, anti-heroes and fantastic creatures, all made of glass.
The winners for the others category are:
- Best Technology 2018: “Transitions” by Panasonic Design.”
- Best Sustainability 2018: “3D housing 05” by Massimiliano Locatelli of CLS with Italcementi, Arup and Cybe.
- Best Engagement 2018: “The Diner” by David Rockwell + Surface with 2x4
- The Unicorn 2018: "Giants with Dwarf" by Stephan Hurlemann for Horgenglarus
- Best Playfulness 2018: "Hidden Senses " by Sony Design