UNITED STATES / New York: Food Drive at Parlor Showroom
November 05 2012
Parlor Showroom will be hosting a food drive accepting food donations on Wednesday, November 7th and Thursday, November 8th and driving the food to the LES Girls Club at the end of each donation day. The donations will be prepared on the evening of Tuesday November 6th.
Here are a few different ways the volunteers can get involved:
Donating the time
- Tuesday, November 6th set up shift: 6pm-9pm
- Wednesday, November 7th accepting and organizing donations: 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm, 3pm to 6pm
- Wednesday, November 7th pack load and drive trucks to the LESGC: 6pm to 8:30pm
- Thursday, November 8th accepting and organizing donations: 9am-12pm, 12pm-3pm, 3pm to 6pm
- Thursday, November 8th pack load and drive trucks to the LESGC: 6pm to 8:30pm
Donating Non perishable Foods
The most needed foods are:
- canned fruit
- boxed Milk
- canned soup
- canned vegetables
- peanut butter (plastic jars)
- macaroni and cheese (packaged)
- hot and cold cereal (packaged, family-sized)
- Boxes (preferably shallow and long so they are easily movable)
- Packing Tape
- Folding tables
- Trucks to transport food both Wednesday and Thursday night
Parlor Showroom is located at 7 Mercer Street (at Howard), 2nd Floor in Soho.
In your reply please indicate what you are able to contribute.
If you will be volunteering please indicate what shifts are amenable to your schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in a position to help promote this food drive, the families in the Lower East Side and the LES Girls Club would greatly appreciate your efforts.