UNITED STATES / New York: Preview 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards
April 02 2012
The Council of Fashion Designers of America announced the nominees, honorees and host.
The Awards will take place on Monday, June 4th at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall.
- Nominees for Womenswear Designer: Ashley Olsen & Mary-Kate Olsen for The Row, Jack McCollough & Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler, and Marc Jacobs.
- Nominees for Menswear Designer: Billy Reid, Patrik Ervell, and Simon Spurr.
- Nominees for Accessory Designer: Alexander Wang, Jack McCollough & Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler, and Reed Krakoff.
- Nominees Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Chris Peters & Shane Gabier, Creatures of the Wind, Joseph Altuzarra, and Max Osterweis & Erin Beatty, Suno.
- Nominees Swarovski Award for Menswear: Antonio Azzuolo, Phillip Lim, and Todd Snyder
- Nominees Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Irene Neuwirth, Pamela Love, and Tabitha Simmons.
- The honorary award will be presented to Tommy Hilfiger.
- The Media Award will be given to Scott Schuman & Garance Doré.
- The Fashion Icon Award will be given to Johnny Depp, the first male recipient to receive the award.
- The Founder Award, who is widely credited with putting American fashion on the map, will go to Andrew Rosen.
- The International Award will go to Rei Kawakubo for Comme des Garçons.
The 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards will be hosted by Seth Meyers, head writer and anchor of Saturday Night Live, and will be part of a yearlong celebration of the CFDA’s 50th Anniversary.
The yearlong celebration of the CFDA’s 50th Anniversary kicked off in February with the exhibition opening at the Museum at F.I.T. titled IMPACT: Fifty Years of the CFDA.